Friday, July 08, 2005

Welcome!

Well, here it is, my first blog. I recently committed myself to drawing...again. I remember spending countless hours drawing as a kid. Drawing was a more kinetic activity for me. Instead of drawing an image to capture a particular state of things, my drawings were constantly changing and evolving. They usually involved futuristic machines and some form of hi-tech equipped monster. There was consistently pierced flesh or armor, usually resulting in the oozing of fluids. I drew from my imagination.

After reading several issues of the Moonlight Chronicles which in turn led me to Danny Gregory's Blog I've obsessed over the idea of starting to draw again. The idea of "seeing" something and drawing it in it's simplest form really appealed to me. A meditation of sorts. To slow down and observe, take things in, and really absorb your surroundings.

In just a short amount of time I've began to notice shadows and their different shades. Reflections of light and the colors their made of. The depth and relation of seemingly inanimate objects.

I think I'm getting better. I have to constantly remind myself to slow down.

No comments: